Airline On-Time Statistics
NOTE: Data are available from January 1995 through July 2016. Times are reported in local time using a 24 hour clock.
Reporting changes due to mergers. Joint reporting begins after Federal Aviation Administration approval of a single operating certificate.
- Jan. 2006: US Airways (US) and America West (HP) start to report jointly as US Airways (US).
- Jan. 2010: Delta (DL) and Northwest (NW) start to report jointly as Delta (DL).
- Jan. 2012: United (UA) and Continental (CO) start to report jointly as United (UA).
- Jan. 2012: Atlantic Southeast (EV) and ExpressJet (XE) start to report jointly as ExpressJet (EV), presented here as ExpressJet Combined (E*).
For data through Dec. 31, 2011, use the code EV for Atlantic Southeast and the code XE for ExpressJet.
Beginning with January 1, 2012 data, use the code E* for ExpressJet Combined. Searches for EV or XE will find data for the period ending Dec. 31, 2011 only. Searches for E* will find data for the period beginning Jan. 1, 2012 only.
- Aug. 2013: Pinnacle (9E) changed name to Endeavor.
- Apr. 2014: American Eagle (MQ) changed name to Envoy.
- Jan. 2015: Southwest (WN) and AirTran (FL) start to report jointly as Southwest (WN).
- Jul. 2015: American (AA) and US Airways (US) start to report jointly as American (AA).
Airline on-time data are reported in 2014 to the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) by the 14 U.S. air carriers that have at least 1 percent of total domestic scheduled-service passenger revenues. The data cover nonstop scheduled-service flights between points within the United States (including territories) as described in 14 CFR Part 234 of DOT's regulations. Data are available since January 1995. The following statistics are available:
Summary Statistics - All and late flights (total number, average departure delay, average taxi-out and average scheduled departure) and late flights (total and percent of diverted and cancelled flights).
Detailed Statistics - Departure and arrival statistics (scheduled departure time, actual departure time, scheduled elapse time, departure delay, wheels-off time and taxi-out time) by airport and airline; airborne time, cancellation and diversion by airport and airline.